Thursday 21 April 2011

heat grills Mel B about The X Factor

heat grills Mel B about The X Factor

There's been lots of rumours flying round about Mel B being an X Factor judge (and the fact she seemed to let slip during an interview on Heart FM), so when we met up with Mel B at the launch of the Spice Girls' Limited-Edition Hard Rock Cafe 'Artist Spotlight' T-shirt in aid of Chickenshed Theatre Company last week, we grilled her on the subject. Was she or wasn't she? We're still not really sure...

You've been tweeting and blogging a lot recently about coming to the UK...
When I landed on Sunday it was so sunny and lovely and you know, you see everybody outside and outside the pub and nice and relaxed, everyone's in the park - you just go, 'god, London is great'.
Would you move back?
I think I might do at some point.
If you got offered a job here would you move back?
If it was the right job, then yeah. I know London, I've lived in London - so we'll see
What about something like the X factor?
I think whoever gets that job - in Australia, over here, in the States - whoever gets it anywhere is going to be over the moon. It's a great show. Simon Cowell's amazing.
Has he approached you?
Rumours always circulate. Who knows?
You sent Dannii Minogue a direct message the other week? Was that you or a hack?
That was me. We've known each other for a while
Was it X Factor related?
She's my mate. She's a mum. And I'm going to be a mum as well.
There are also rumours Geri's been approached again...
Oh nice!
Is there a possibility of a multi-Spice panel then?
I don't really know what everyone's doing for the rest of the year or next year but I think anybody who gets that would be thrilled.
Would you like to get it though?
I think it's a great show, so of course, whoever gets it is going to be really happy.

And with that, we were no clearer as to whether Mel B actually had the job. But we tried. And tried.

Mel B launched the Spice Girls' Limited-Edition Hard Rock Cafe 'Artist Spotlight' T-shirt in aid of Chickenshed Theatre Company. Available to buy exclusively in Hard Rock Cafes in London, Manchester and Edinburgh

0 comments: