Thursday 21 April 2011

Geri Halliwell says no to crash dieting, finally!

Geri Halliwell no more diets





Geri Halliwell says no to crash dieting, finally!

Geri Halliwell recently posed in a sexy bikini photoshoot for the May Issue of Glamour Magazine and shared with world the story of her weight fluctuations, crash dieting and food cravings.

In the interview for Britain's Glamour magazine, Geri admitted to feelings of insecurity about her fluctuating weight. “Every woman feels self-conscious when she takes off her clothes but I’ve had that public scrutiny of the way my body has fluctuated up and down.”

“Being on the beach is such a lovely feeling but equally can bring up all that fear and dread at the same time,” said the former Spice Girls star.

Gerri Halliwell, quite known for her fluctuating weight, told the magazine that she doesn’t mind indulging in her favourite sweet treats as she knows ignoring the urges will lead to her eating more. She also said that she is finished with her infamous crash dieting and now gives in to her food cravings.

The 38-year-old Look At Me singer said: “I believe in snacking because if I’m too hungry then I’m going to stuff more. I eat lots of almonds and I have treats like chocolate too. If I try to avoid it, I’ll eat five slices of bread and then eat it anyway, so I might as well just have exactly what I really want and then move on.”

Geri has a four-year-old daughter, Bluebell, from a previous relationship and is now concerned more about her health. She claimed she no longer believes in dieting as her body always goes back to its natural shape, no matter hard she tries to lose weight.

She further explained to magazine: “If I put pressure on myself to suddenly lose weight for a specific day, I’ll end up overeating instead. So I just eat sensibly and normally. There’s no cutting back. Because for me, the body will always spring back to what it wants to be anyway.”

It is good to know that Geri is finally accepting her body and not subjecting herself to crash diets, especially now that her daughter is growing up and she has to set a good example. Mothers who are self-conscious about their weight not only put their health in jeopardy but also influence their children to try unhealthy diet fads and other drastic weight loss measures in the future.

0 comments: