Saturday 23 April 2011

Geri Halliwell 'in love with Michael McIntyre'

Geri Halliwell at a press launch for Next, at The Savoy Hotel

© WENN

Geri Halliwell has confessed to harbouring a crush on Britain's Got Talent judge Michael McIntyre.

The former Spice Girl, who served as a guest judge on ITV1's sister show The X Factor, admitted that she "fell in love" while watching the funnyman spout one-liners from his seat on the panel.

She told "I have the most ridiculous TV crush on Michael McIntyre. I fell in love watching him on Britain's Got Talent.

"I want to apologise to his wife, and tell her that I'm saying this from a pure, unpredatory place. I think Michael's brilliant on that show - he totally stole it on his first week."

Halliwell further complimented McIntyre for helping to "refresh" the show following the departure of more critical judge Simon Cowell.

She said: "Michael's completely different to Simon Cowell and it's not easy to step into somebody else's shoes, but he's helped refresh the show and made it more exciting."

However, Halliwell insisted that she would never act upon her unconventional crush, as she is still in love with her "lovely" boyfriend Henry Beckwith.

She said: "I'm cautious talking about it, I feel a bit like a deer in headlights. But Henry's a lovely, lovely guy and I could gush.

"And I'm a pretty good girlfriend! For his birthday, I took him to Russia to fly on a Top Gun fighter plane... Henry's a good influence on me, and my mum loves him too."

Be first to get the latest entertainment news from Digital Spy on Twitter and Facebook.

0 comments: