Sunday 11 May 2008

Geri Halliwell's adoption plans

Geri Halliwell would consider adopting a child.
The 35-year-old star wants her 23-month-old daughter Bluebell Madonna to have a sister and is "open" to expanding her family.
She told Britain's Glamour magazine: "I have a sister and would love to be able to give Bluebell that gift. I feel I have the capacity to love a child that's not mine in blood. Before I had Bluebell, even a long time ago, I thought about [adoption]. I'm open to what life brings."
Geri - who is currently dating backing dancer Ivan 'Flipz' Velez - has raised Bluebell alone since splitting from the baby's reported father, scriptwriter Sacha Gervasi.
The Spice Girls star has previously spoken out about adoption and being a single parent.
She said: "So many women today are single parents, I don't feel different. I feel blessed to have her. I'm learning every day as a mother, my compassion has expanded.

0 comments: