Monday 2 May 2011

Mel B: 'My husband won't be birthing partner'

Mel B aka Melanie Brown

© Rex Features / Justin Lloyd/Newspix

Mel B has revealed that she can't rely on her husband Stephen Belafonte to be her birthing partner because he's too squeamish.

The former Spice Girl, who is expecting her first child with Belafonte, explained that she doesn't think he will cope well in the delivery room.

She told New: "Will he be my birthing partner? Oh God no, he's going to be horrendous.

"I mentioned to him that at some point we're going to pack our overnight bag and he literally went white.

"So I instantly had a flash forward that he's going to be all over the place and I'm just going to be sitting there breathing and doing what I need to do and laughing at him pacing."

The 35-year-old star, who also has daughters Phoenix, 12, and Angel, 4, from previous relationships and is stepmother to husband Stephen Belafonte's daughter Giselle, 6, stressed how much of a difference pain relief makes through labour.

She added: "It's all about the drugs. I've experienced not having pain medication - not by choice but because my pain medication wore off - so I've experienced the hard corners of it."

Mel B is the third Spice Girl to confirm pregnancy this year, with both Victoria Beckham and Emma Bunton expecting new arrivals.

Be first to get the latest entertainment news from Digital Spy on Twitter and Facebook.

0 comments: