Wednesday 7 May 2008

Review of This Time - written by Michael (UPDATED)


Melanie C's album 'This Time', isn't one of her best albums, there again, its not one of her worst albums. Its somewhere in the middle. The songs on the album are very much on the ballads side, with some faster, more poppy songs! Here is my rating of each song on the album:



1. Understand - Usually skip this song when the album starts on my iPod, not a song that I would recommend. This song is not suited to be at the start of this album. 5 out of 10.

2. What If I Stay - The first ballad of the album. Melanie's vocals aren't really tested in this song. However, I really like this song. So, I give it 7 out of 10.

3. Protected - This song is a really excellent song in my eyes. It is, firstly a ballad, but is quite fast. Although, the instruments in the background can really get on my nerves at times. I give this song 6 out of 10.

4. This Time - One of my favourites on the album. Strangely, because it has been released as a single, but secondly, because it is a mixture of a ballad and a pop song. 9 out of 10.

5. Carloyna. The first single to be released from Red Girl Records in Canada. This is a good choice, Mel. This is my favourite song on the album. I give this song 10 out of 10.

6. Forever Again - This song is a very personal song on the album and its not really a song that I want to hear. I'm not an agony uncle! I give this song 4 out of 10.

7. Your Mistake - This song is another one of my favourites. This is a great song, which should have been released as a single alongside 'This Time' and 'Carolyna'. 9 out of 10.

8. The Moment You Believe - This song is a song, that can be loved or hated. Partly because its another ballad, but also, because Melanie's soul and energy seems to have been put into gear. It also sounds like Melanie is talking personally to someone. 8 out of 10

9. Don't Let Me Go - this song is the worst on the album. This, in my eyes, is because its a duet. The album is called 'Melanie C - This Time' not 'Melanie C ft Adam Argyle - This Time'. Although he has written some of her songs, he should not have been allowed to record a song with Sporty. 3 out of 10

10. Immune - Yet another one of the ballads, that I actually like. This is a great song and should have been another single. 8 out of 10.

11.May Your Heart - This song has grown on me. 9 out of 10.

12.Out Of Time - A ballad which becomes a rock song, an original song. This song also written about the Spice Girls and the time Melanie spent with them! 8 out of 10.

13. I Want Candy - This song is a great cover of a classic. This is a perfect single material! 10 out of 10.

0 comments: