Sunday 25 May 2008

Geri Halliwell's body acceptance

Geri Halliwell has finally learned to love her body.
The former Spice Girls star - who previously suffered from eating disorder bulimia nervosa - has accepted her figure, which plummeted from 119lb to just 98lb after she left the girlband.
She said: "I can imagine it must be weird if you've watched my body shape and how it's moved. I think the outside affects the inside and, and where I am now, I just feel content and accepting.
"I think that's the key to having a nice body. If you look at animals there's lions, bears, flamingos. And a flamingo is never going to be a bear. I have to accept what I am. I can try to manipulate it, but eventually I'll snap back to what I'm meant to be."
Geri, who is now a children's author, also admits she used to be an 'exercise freak' but says she now concentrates on promoting a healthy body image to her two-year-old daughter, Bluebell Madonna.
She added: "I want to have a healthy body image for Bluebell. I think it's good to promote a healthy example, so whatever shape she is, she loves herself."
Geri's first children's book 'Ugenia Lavender' is available now.

0 comments: